Cornell has redesigned our popular self-priming to line have the best efficiencies in the industry. Combined with our patented-Cycloseal® back plate technology, the pump is durable, powerful, and energy efficient.
The STX series, unveiled in fall 2012, will eventually encompass more than 20 discharge configurations. The new design builds on our prominence in providing world class pumps, and allows the new STX to operate in extremely heavy duty situations, while increase efficiencies more than 8 percent better than other manufactures’ average. Those efficiencies could translate into tens of thousands of dollars saved in fuel and maintenance expenses over the life of the pump.
Specially designed removable rotating assembly allows the new Cornell piece to retrofit with other manufacturers’ pumps.
Features and Benefits
- Shimless Impellers – An external coverplate allows for the easy adjustment between the clearance of the impeller and the external wearplate. Instead of realigning belts, couplings and other drive components, the external coverplate eliminates those needs. This also makes sure that the seal assembly and the impeller back clearance are not disturbed. This design feature increases the life of the wearplate and the impeller.
- Solids Handling Impeller – Balanced ductile iron two blade impeller handles Solids up to 3″ in diameter. Pump out vanes on rear to reduce the buildup of foreign matter and reduce the pressure on the mechanical seal.
- Back Pull Out Rotating Assembly – The rotating assembly can be removed without dismantling the pump or disturbing the piping and there are Pusher Bolts to facilitate dismantling.
- Removable Cover Plate – Cornell Pumps have a removable coverplate that provides quick access to the pump’s interior.
- Easily Replaceable Suction Check Valve – Steel reinforced nitrile rubber check valve can easily be replaced through the front cover without removing the pipework.
- Dual Protection of Bearings – Atmospheric barrier and Dual lip seals provide bearing protection in the event of seal failure.
- Tungsten-Silcone-Carbine Seal – Externally lubricated mechanical seal is standard. Can run dry on high vacuum even when pumping highly abrasive liquids.
- Single Wear Plate – Easily replaceable front steel wear plate, with superior abrasion resistance.
- Heavy Duty Castings – All Cornell STX Self-Priming pumps are made of heavy duty ductile iron. All the pumps can be opened easily for priming, draining, and inspection of the internal parts.
- Heavy Duty Bearings with Separate Oil Reserve – Heavy duty thrust bearings sized for V belt drive loads. Separate oil fillings plugs for bearings and mechanical seals with sight gauges.
- Higher Efficiency Design – With industry-leading efficiencies, the pump helps pump more liquid for less energy. Saving substantial energy costs of the life of the pump.
- Patented Cornell Cycloseal® – Specially designed back plate incorporating proven John Crane mechanical seal with unrivaled seal life.
- Shafts Designed for Extreme Service Duty – Oversized alloy steel shafts with larger bearings and mechanical seals than the competition.
- Unique Designed Volute – Cornell designed hydraulics offering the best efficiency available in the industry. Rather than copy an existing design, the new volute is superior to those offered on the market today. So special in fact, that a patent is being sought.
- Self-Cleaning Adjustable Wear Plate – Shimless coverplate adjustment with radially notched replaceable wear plate.
- Removable Rotating Assembly – designed with modular two piece construction of a bearing frame and a back plate with large seal oil chamber. Removable rotating assembly retrofits into competitors existing volutes and installations.
- Double Lip Seals – Dual protection of bearings with external seal leakage monitor (vent to atmosphere).
- Ductile Iron Construction – Heavy duty castings for increased durability and ruggedness.
- Drop in Replacement – Dimensional envelope the same as Gorman-Rupp Super-T series.
Cornell’s Redi-Prime® pumps offer the widest range of Dry Prime pumps in the industry—from 1.25″ though 30″ discharge size. Virtually all of Cornell’s Solids Handling and Clear Liquids handling centrifugal pumps can be fitted with the Redi-Prime® system. The pump of choice for rental companies and OEM’s around the world, you’ll find Cornell’s Redi-Prime® pumps in a wide range of applications in the Municipal, Agricultural, Industrial, Oil & Gas and Mining markets.
- The most Versatile pumps for water and wastewater applications
- 2.5” through 30” discharge size
- Flows to 2 522 l/s and Heads to 138 m
- The most efficient water pumps in the industry for water pumping applications
- 1.25″ through 10″ discharge size
- Flows to 441 l/sand Heads to 134 m
- Heavy Duty pumps with cutting action
- 4″ through 6″ discharge size
- Flows to 160 and Heads to 56 m
MX High Head
- High head pumps for manure and other slurry applications
- 3″ through 8″ discharge size
- Flows to 440 l/s and Heads to 220 m
Features and Benefits
|Fully automatic self-priming, dry-prime pump||Self-Priming applications|
|Handles air/liquid mixtures with ease||Sewage bypass|
|Rapidly primes and re-primes completely unattended||Dewatering|
|Environmentally safe priming system designed to prevent product leakage||Rental|
|Patented Cycloseal® system with Run-Dry capability||Construction|
|Handles large size Solids||Cooling towers|
|High suction lift capability up to 28 feet||Oil and gas production|
|Premium hydraulic efficiency for reduced energy consumption||Water transfer|
|Replaceable wear rings||Well pointing|
|Double volute||Mine dewatering|
|Bearing life to 100,000 hours or more||Dredging|
|Replaceable shaft sleeves||Municipal|
|Frame or SAE Engine Mounted||Food process|
|Two-year warranty||General Industrial|
Additional Product Information